Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Turning

A lot has happened since the last post.   I had such a hard time trying to find good things to write about during the dark times because it would just swirl around in my being like a broken record.

Well, I can tell you I am in a good place.  I am happy.  Mostly, I am seeing a stretching coming.  Its a good stretching.

I am choosing to change my eating habits.  I used to say that I don't like food.  I don't like cooking.  I don't like eating.  But that's a part of life-nourishment.  I then thought about the amount of chocolate/sugar I consume.  The reality is that I LOVE sugar and not anything else.  So if its true that I don't like food then I'll eat anything, right?  Why not eat healthier?  So I am!  I bought "The Maker's Diet" and started reading it. A friend of mine is doing the paleo diet (cave man diet). My theory is "If God made it, it can be eaten" (minus some animals like bottom feeding fish/crustaceans and meat eating birds).

It was somewhat difficult to NOT eat junk during the Holidays but I knew that cutting back verses cutting off was much better.  My mood has changed.  The amount of food I eat now is less because I'm getting what my body needs and it's not storing the extra.  This is not a diet.  This is a life-change.  It was a process, and is still a process, of taking out the bad for the good.  When we finished the macaroni and cheese, I just didn't buy it anymore.  I didn't buy the canned refried beans, I now make our own-pink beans in the crockpot!  Cow milk is reserved for certain drinks.  Almond milk is the new normal.  Coconut milk works great in smoothies and shakes.

No comments: