Friday, March 18, 2011

a little bit

I haven't written all week and I know I should.  I spent Monday and half of Tuesday helping my parents do counseling (actually I sat in) on someone my age. 

My dad went in for surgery on Wednesday.  They were working on his hearing, and if you know anything about where your hearing is on your head, you will know that it's near, VERY near, the brain.  So, yeah, he has some majorly gross looking staples above his ear.  I will spare you the details, but it's nasty.

Plus, with it being beautiful outside, I just wanna go play!

I've had a week of constant thoughts.  And I've had to return them to Jesus every time.  It's like the thoughts want me to carry burdens, idols, things that AREN'T mine to carry.  The bible says not to worry, not to bow to idols.

I REALLY would like to have my best friend back.  She lives in Germany right now.  Her husband got a job out there.  So we Skype, but it's not the same as going places together.  No more Starbucks and chats.  Her evening is my morning so coffee is definitely out.  No more thrift store runs for "buried treasures".

Jesus, I need you to be my Comforter and Friend.  Touch the places where I lack and bless all the others.  When I am weak, You are strong.  Amen.

P.S.  If you want to see the painting from this week, there you go.

This one is for the person that was counseled.  Zephaniah 3:17

And this one is from last week, it's in an altered book, that's why it's lumpy.  (Haven't learned how to do that yet.)
Enjoy!

No comments: