Tuesday, March 22, 2011

vunerability

Have you noticed that when someone is telling all the stuff they do and are, "puffing" themselves up, you find reasons NOT to like them?

Have you ever had someone tell you, honestly and humbly, that they are human and make mistakes and somehow you find that you like them? 

Why is that?

If we told people we are only human, how would they respond?  What if we "displayed our trophies" in front of them?

Before I dated my husband (my only boyfriend), we talked on the phone every night for hours.  I wanted to know if he was serious about marriage like I was.  I told him everything about me, good and bad, to see if he was going to stick around. 

Why is it that when we come to God we think we have to tell Him all our good deeds?  To make Him like us?  To get on His side?  We already are!  He wouldn't have died a bloody, disgusting death (He was unrecognizable as a man!) for us if He didn't love us!  It would've been for nothing.

Be vunerable.  He was.  Naked, cold, totally torn apart.  And He said, "Father, forgive them.  They don't know.  They don't understand."  That is love.

No comments: